18 Sept 2012, 7pm, Waikato Soc of Potters
Cnr Seddon & Ward Sts, Hamilton Central.
Spread the word. Bring friends and family and money. There’ll be door prizes, raffles, a silent auction, live music AND the horses will be naked of their newspaper covers so you can see them up close and personal.
- Besides the naked horses and the students talking about ‘Why They Thought It Was A Good Idea To Sign Up At The Time‘ and their experience so far, we’ll talk about the upcoming firing event and what you might expect to see and experience at the Community Hearth firing on the 27 October.
- There will be door prizes to be won (including a limited edition illustrated plate by Susan St Lawrence)
- A fresh food hamper raffle (including the famous bacon and egg pie by Lynnda McLachlan, chocolate cherry brownies by Elsa Lye and much more)
- Free nibbles and drinks
- And a silent auction. Things that you will be able to bid on include:
- the large, original Susan St Lawrence horse maquette that kicked the whole project off
- a ceramic art work by Trish Seddon
- a remedial massage with Kerry, (Dr and Ceramic Diploma student)
- an hour’s wheel tuition with Yazmin, one of the potters-in-residence at WSP
- a mixed media collage by Wendy Thompson, the Society’s President
- an evening’s babysitting by Simone
- plus many other desirable things
All proceeds go towards funding materials and equipment needed to build the kilns, and setting up the exhibition to be held at Diane Parker’s Gateway Gallery after the event.